Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Another wierd but insightful dream

I say another because i have written about one of my breams earlier too!

This dream goes this way:
Place: Ambajhari Nagpur Defence estate but now in the backdrop of a hill and somewhere in the Indo-Pak Border area. Consists of 2 buildings facing each other (for those who know, 1/66/ and 1/108 of the defence estate)
Characters: Again it includes all, till date. Not necessarily the people of Nagpur.
Context: Indo-Pak war has started. US is on Indian side though they are using any force against anybody. Just providing moral help. There is a rule of the war: It won't continue after sundown (The mahabharat effect)

All the people are carried back to the place as mentioned above as sun has gone down. 3 truck loads of common people under heavy guard. These consist people aged 1-35 only. These people are the last remaining people living in this hilly area and government had resources only fit for these people! So it made a rule that anybody above 35 is too old to survive.
I along with my friends were in the truck. I am back to India after a brief stint in US for MS.
We head for a nice natural spring by the river. Shubhajit (My schoolmate and now an army officer ably guiding us.) I feel so shameless as to being so many of us all fit and youth, we can't do anything to save the country or fight. Like some special and bound people we are treated as VIPs.
So now beside the spring, I am sitting with my friend Sumit,Anshu, Manisha and a few others (don't remember) that suddenly from behind our back giggling sound comes and we see a group of young girls and army men just married coming down the hill. All have decided to marry because their life is at risk in the war. So they are fulfilling their commitment towards their girlfriends! Surprisingly all pairs had wed in Christian style and had that flower bouquet in their hands! Their helpless action made me really sad!

Then suddenly my mobile rang. It was a call form maa. She was asking how am I doing. She was not at all worried about her own safety. Then she give the phone to dad who asked me about what are they going to do with us and all and gave me some courage instead!

This had then become a regular feature. Daily we are ushered to a safe place blindfolded just as the enemy troupes came down from the hill and started bombarding. Surprisingly there was no death in my entire dream though the fear haunted everybody.

One day suddenly Bush comes and offers his help. He says he will take us safely to his own country. Hope dawns on all of us! But then he says he can't take everybody and preference will be given to those who have studied in US with scholarships! I was the one and so was another friend parag (he is in UFL now). But then i was feeling so ashamed. All my friends/family were left here to die and i was all safe and doing nothing for the country being too valuable a resource to be risked! This was a big joke being played on me.
Such were my thoughts when this tremendous tension of being the "privileged" one woke me up from my sleep!

4 comments:

Perfect Misfit said...

the guilt bug is starting to bite u haan?don't let it do so ..as dreams will always remain dreams!!!!

Sandipan Mitra said...

yep it is!!! And really bad!!!

I hope this dream/nightmare remains as it is!

Dev said...

There are dreams, and there are dreams.

I've had my share of weird dreams as well. :) So... dream all you want. They arent gonna come true (atleast most of them), right?

Anonymous said...

PLEASE DELETE THIS ENTRY FROM HERE