Thursday, July 27, 2006

Traveling in continental

Off late, blue with golden has been a very lucky combination for me (not just me though). I just love the color. Somehow any good cobalt or darker blue piece of cloth has to come with golden in it unless it is formal mens shirts! Though yellows are even substituted at times.

Anyway, such was my excitement on my trip to Cincinnati which was by continental airways( The airways with the blue with golden tail). Preparations had started one day before and when Dr B finally approved my work and said have a great trip, it was like the final seal for happiness.
Tensed till the last moment that my neighbor who was supposed to drop me till easterwood airport. Plane was scheduled at 11:25 and I left for easterwood at 10:45. I had started chanting gods names. This is one thing I hate afterwards. I always remember god when I am tensed. But never otherwise. But yes, I don't forget to thank them also. (God for me will always be them, never a he, may be a she).
Enough of digressing from the topic, after a hurried check in and a momentary mood off as I was searched and not the amru next in line, I got into the plane. I was looking at my ticket for the seat number when the stewardess came and told me, take any seat you like! The plane was a 37 seater. It was much smaller than even some buses. 2+1 was the seating arrangement. I got reminded of my Mangalore-Bangalore travels where traveling in a 2+1 bus was a luxury. The seats were much worse than the ideal/sugama buses , I sat in one with 1 seat only. Suddenly the stewardess announces, sorry for the delay, we are waiting for 2 more passengers to catch up who have just checked in. I started laughing there! It was like those private buses where the conductor waited for more passengers raising the tempers of the fellow passengers.
Anyway, finally the plane started moving and so did I started peeping form the window. It was a cloudy and rainy day, so I knew I wont see much of it. But as the plane took off, the view was breathtaking! The best part was that each house of college station seen had a personal pool. The bright blue spots in the green and brown landscape were looking like sapphires thrown around.
Soon we crossed the clouds and all was vapours all around, top, bottom. But soon we went above the clouds and now there was clear sky above and dense clouds beneath. I had just begun wondering about meeting one of the gods floating across the sky , high chances of meeting up narad muni who travels the most, the pilot announced our descent. It was funny as it had been just 15 minutes we had been airborne. Again the same landscape with the dazzling blue pools soothed my eyes.
Our plane didn't even get any terminal to land and we landed in the middle of the airport grounds. A bus came to leave us to terminals. And as we had to land in the middle, we were given those stairs we see VIP's landing from. This was much smaller and much shabbier than any of those, but I could barely resist the temptations for waving a hand at the non existent crowd.

Well this now abruptly ends as there is nothing more to write after this apart form the fact that the stewardess on the IAH-CVG flight was more interested in talking to fellow passengers than checking if the seat belts are tied and the full airplane crew highlighting the well known fact that air travel is the safest mode of transport, may be even safer than sitting at home.

6 comments:

Perfect Misfit said...

very nicely put!!i could sense ur excitement during the chat we had while u wr preparing to go for this trip !!!

Nikhil Nemade said...

interesting blog.......though bit smaller than ur usual ones......but enticing description [:)]

Anonymous said...

SO Funny.. Very nicly put! lol

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

sapphires thrown around !!! wow! always loved the swimming pools visble among the greenery while flying , but nvr cud put it the way u have done........and till date i thought i was a gr8 observant, rather i tuk a lot of pride in that..but u r better than me, becoz i observe humans and their behaviour unconsciously, while u can do that to almost everything , even things like colour of the aeroplane!