Monday, August 07, 2006

The past few days

Well, I don't want to write a diary entry here but I am not getting anything else to write. I can write about the oncoming Rakhi but again it will be a blog on rinki about whom I have already told so much.
Let's start with the day I came back form the wonderful trip of cincinnati. Things looked real good the moment the plane landed in Houston. A voice mail frm Dr. B meant some serious work ahead and I was really bored with the no work scenario. Coming home I see a definite change in my roomies. The feeling of being 1 year together has seeped in all of them and it has now sunk in me! This is the longest time ever that I have been with same set of roomies.
A guest had come down (we host new poeple coming form India for fall untill they get apartments.) He too a cool and easy going fellow, it was always laughter that filled the house since the last few days, not the usual gloom of shridhar talking about how he selected the worng course and Mahesh busy with his work.
Things began from thursday evening when we decided that we will go to houston over the weekend. and then suddenly I decided to give the written test for driving. It was fun , studying for it a bit and the feeling of telling pople i am studying took more time than the actual time of study. I guess it has been 3 long months since I had been busy with studies.
On friday we went for the test but boom! They needed the SSN which I didn't have. So got back again. Next time me n patil alone went for the test. I won't say that the test was easy/difficult, I would say it was good. I believe that even if I do excellent in some paper, it may be a good/hard exam unlike many poeple who say "paper easy tha" when they answer everything. I rather like to think I did a good job than examiners making my job easy. (My way of looking into things.) I also liked the no. of best of lucks I got for such a exam. Nikhils asking about the result immediately after the exam also boosted my feelings.
Then came the trip. The maps ready, first time i thought like I will do some style. and I had put gel on my hair, a jhatack patack red T and topping everything was a sunglass. Thus I sat in the navigator seat for the drive. Its not new to me, but here are a few things that I understood about navigating.
1) However good or bad navigator you are, understanding with the present driver is important.
2) Its always if one person does the job and not the entire car, though occasional comments are helpful.
3) Leave decisions with driver. don't push him/her to do something.

We reached houston maharajah restaurant by 7 pm and after a looong time had mutton biryani. It was too good! I cherished each and every piece of it. Later came the Kheer, it was just like my mother cooks. Ummmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhh, too good! What followed was seeing omkara and coming back.

Saturday we all had the omkara fever the entire day with nothing but 'namak' and 'beedi' songs and even danced on it.
Sunday the highlight was me playing frisbee for 45 minutes or so and then sweating heavily! I don't remember when was the last time i had sweat. The day and the series of events ended with cihcken curry, jeera rice and Gchat sessions.

No comments: