Monday, September 03, 2007

Tapur Tupur Brishti

It can surely be called one of the bold and selfish decisions I took in past few months and I have done many big things. I got a job, defended my thesis, got a degree completion etc. But it was more like I had to get a job and I had to finish my studies. One thing followed another and it was all done.

It was a simple thing. I got wet in rain. And it was a fully conscious decision. I was in Zachry (My department) and was feeling very sleepy. So I decided to go back home. As soon as I was nearing the exit, I saw it was all dark outside and raining too. But I had made up my mind. I will go in the rain. I did have a 900$ laptop in my backpack but still didn’t feel like waiting. The backpack claimed to be waterproof.

I started cycling. Rain drops falling on my face and everywhere. It was so much fun. Thanks to my mom, I have gone out in rain very less. She just won’t let me. Anyway when you go from home to somewhere, you always have access to umbrellas. The problem is only when u forget to bring umbrella and u have to go back home. So this was the same case.

The rain was very pleasant. It was neither too heavy nor just drizzle, just the right kind. I felt so independent and so happy doing this lil act of bravery.

Lots of songs and jingles came to my mind:

Peter Pater rain drops, go away, go away

Barson re megha megha

Pehli barish bheege honth , nagare nagare nagira oooo

Dekho baarsish ho rahi hai, its raining its raining its raining.

Chai Chappa Chai, Chapak chai, paniyon ke cheente udati hui ladki

Tip Tip Barsa paani.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like more than the jingles, the film songs came to ur mind :p

Sandipan Mitra said...

Hhahah! Thats true! Only for the first one I had to include that word!

Perfect Misfit said...

Good that you did this..i to don't even remember the last time i got wet..seems ages ago..aue haan nice hindi songs all came to ur mind..shows the influence that Bollywood has on u :)