Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dad had a dream

I was talking to Baba (dad) over phone yesterday and he said he suddenly had a dream. I found it real funny and so i mention it here.
In his words- “I was running here and there frantically regarding your admission, mostly with a bagful of money too. And then finally secured admission in some obscure WB private college he meets the director of the college and that person asks, 'aapke bete ko hum kisliye admit kare?' and I replied 'kuch bhi pooch lijiye, use sab kuch aata hai' "

This was his dream, but I think these points to a lot of things. Firstly there are fathers who are overtly interested in what goes on with the son and try to always guide them. And then there are fathers who are happy with a yes answer to the question "bete , sab padhai wadhai theek chal raha hai naa?". Both are pretty irritating but given a choice, i would have loved the first category!
Baba is a blend of both, though acting like the second one, he keeps a close eye on everything!
Thankfully there was nothing that happened as was in the dream, I didn't have to go running around for colleges neither did i have to pay any huge amount as payment seat admit for my college.
But he did run around for my MS admissions. "Baba, i want a statement of finance", " Baba, i want this document faxed to me by 5 today", "baba, i want a CA statement" and numerous such wishes were immediately done!


Anyway, this was the first part of the sapna, analyzing the second part, earlier i thought it was just my father but now i know all fathers of the world are really proud of their siblings!

And another discussion about paying money in some obscure WB college for an engineering admission. Sometimes i have a doubt that is it really worth it, but now looking at the current scenario, I think it does. Keeping even a decent money in mind, you have to rule out all other professions other than Medical, and then news like TCS and Infosys hiring 25000 each during 06-07, it leaves little doubt that these companies will even go to Baba Gop Gapangam Das institute of technology in Jhumri Tallaiya, East UP. (The name is a hypothetical and I guess it is the worst name n place one can have for a college)

So that's it! That was the dream.


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

5 comments:

Nikhil Nemade said...

That was sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Hey man! its now only the Baba Gop Gamangam Das insti in Jhumri Tallaiya!! what abt the 1000's of colleges in S India where students get 95% in Engg?? can u imagine that? My roomie in iit was one classic example! i still remember her! anyway...but ur dream was really sweet!

Anonymous said...

And what abt Sridevi College and Jaya College?? Wonder if they have Pamela Anderson College or Sharon Stone College!! :D

Sandipan Mitra said...

hahha!! really. I just gave one example. So many colleges coming up, apne ko tho koi bhaav hi nahi!

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»