Monday, January 23, 2006

Me n Maths

Well to tell you at the very beginning, I didn't like Maths. No, never. But somehow this things comes back to me again and again in many forms and finally now, i have no other go than to like the subject.
But now maths is more of a powerful tool, just liek say MS word to solve the problems that we face, And nowadays i am seriously thinking about doing something to mathematically model the human body. Can we do it? ......... Well, let's not worry about it for teh timebeing and start the story telling.
Why I hate Maths? Well there is nothing bad in maths but it was my failure in subjects, thankfully at teh non crucial times that made me averse to it.
The very first one: My standard 1 admissions. I know it was a mockery show as nobody was rejected after the interview, but still we had this so called interview. There after taking milliseconds to answer the colour of the object and identifying the animals in the pictures i was given this herculian task of counting the number of bottle lids. And i was wrong. I had counted 9 instead of 10.
From that time onwards, i took up Maths as just something to scrape through. But yeah, i didn't ever had to really try hard to pass. But as a hype created by people around me that even below 95% or 4th highest in Maths is a failure, i failed quite many times.
I remember that I got 97 in 10th exam because of a cistren and tank filling problem and i am so angry on that class of problems that till date i always leave them as with the case of conditional probability because of which i lost another 3 marks in 12th.
But now here I am, through and through in control system, full of applied maths, and developing new theories considering the span and nullspaces of vector space and then finding their root plots. I have chosen my life in such a way that i have to love this now.

No comments: