Monday, January 23, 2006

Me n Maths teachers

As mentioned in previous post, i never really liked maths but somehow the maths teachers were always my favourite.
Let's begin with Mathai Madam in std 5. Daily homeworks and a very enchanting smile was why i liked her. Now i liked the homeworks because she always gave "good" in that.
Next was Khandeshwar sir in 8th and 10th standard. He taught very well, but that's hardly any reason to like him. I liked him because he liked me and had hopes on me. At teh beginning of 10th standard when he was leaving us he told me that if he would have been there, there was no chance of me getting even 99 in teh exams.
Then was Pandya sir. In 10th, 11th and 12th standard. It is him who taught calculus and trigonometry. But i liked him because he wore very fashionable clothes and was liked by nobody except me and his crush (one of my classmates). Later i had also chosen to be pandya sir in the annual teacher's day.
Then when i was in college, it was Dr. Lavanya S. Her beauty puts aishwarya rai to shame and teh amount of jewels she used to wear would put even a bride to shame.
2nd sem and 3rd sem, it was Manjula Madam. She was beautiful but wore no jwellery but took real pains to teach maths, she discussed Dickens and philosophy in the class. I had a serious crush on her and did many funny incidents. But then we never knew that she was cancerous and when she died, was my unhappiest day in the college.
So that was my maths teachers stories. and tehy are my only favourite teachers.

Which is a contradiction to the supposition that I hate maths.
Hence i love maths.
Hence proved
Q.E.D.
---------------XXX----------------

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are good!!! Hey and the Pandya Sir thing was too cool ;)
Sad about your teacher yaar, really..
U know think of a career in writing. U have a knack for it!

Sandipan Mitra said...

Hahha, you think so?
Nayway, i have many more things to do too. first is orkutting. hehe

Perfect Misfit said...

Sandi..you continue to surprise me..
seriously man..
think seriously about writing..u can make a career out of it...

Sandipan Mitra said...

Am blushing here now!!!

Anonymous said...

did u have a fling?