Wednesday, May 09, 2007

This and that

Something terrible is happening. It has been 4 times since I attempted writing a blog but all 4 times I stopped halfway. I thought of writing about some incidents during my brother’s marriage, thought it was personal. I thought of writing about the Abhi-Ash wedding, but then everybody was writing about it. I thought of writing about koffee with karan, but the rakhi sawant episode really put me off. Finally I thought about just writing some random things coming to my mind, but really nothing came to my mind.

Seriously this time also, I really have nothing to write, and am not a person who keeps on writing just for the sake of it, but still I felt better write some crap than be totally out of touch.

Anyway let’s see what things have kept me engaged at least a tiny part of it, which are not academic or professional. Past few months my mind is full of academic and professional worries which I of course don’t want to discuss here.

The world cup was a disaster and me no connoisseur of quality cricket, India being out was the end of the cup. I liked all that happened thereafter. The god-like perfect Sachin finally made a mistake. ( I won’t call it a wrong doing, because talking against Chappell can’t be wrong) But this was not expected out of the man who has mastered the art of PR more than the art of cricket over the years. This just showed that even gods commit mistakes.

Other thing was of course THE WEDDING, but then channels overdid and the people found pleasure in saying “I don’t care about the wedding”, but secretly seeing all the yellow dress pictures of the wedding.

Also started following the European football a bit, thanks to my roommates. Its fun watching the game, mostly because of the time it takes (just 90 minutes) and the fact that Man U is in good form, though sadly lost in Champions league. Don’t know why I support this team but it feels so authentic English.

But the thing that really shook me was Nandigram. I am speechless. I still don’t understand who is right and who is wrong. Rather now I don’t care. But the quality of people I saw in a video gave me such a grim picture. All the dead were covered in cloths saying which party killed them, and the other party made an issue out of it. I had always thought death is something beyond all worldly things, but this just shattered me. This even the uneducated nomadic tribes won’t do. Unless they have been brainwashed over generations. And that can’t be a single party.

Anyway on this slightly sad note, I stop writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U write good :)

Perfect Misfit said...

i had told u dood...that nandi gram video had to affect u..it was enlightning 2 say the least..