Thursday, May 31, 2007

Jee ka Janjaal



Anshu recently uploaded this picture in her album.
Of course, most of u have guessed right. I am at bottom left. With the face made like that,
many feel I haven't changed over the years. Even i don't feel so. The only ting that changes in me is sometimes my cheeks are semi-chubby and sometimes they are fallen. I guess my worst look was 2004-2005, and thankfully not many pictures were clicked that year. Hehhehe, this is fun, narcissism as nobody ever reads this stuff.

Anyway more about the picture in question. Its taken in 1985, annual function of Shishu Niketan, my KG school. I was in KG 1, around 3 years old. It still surprises me that I remember so many things about it. The song was "Jee ka Janjaal mora bajra layo re". I can actually go on singing quite a bit but i don't remember a word or 2 in every line.
Envy was something i had developed form that time only. I still remember, the dance was like each pair of boy and girl are standing in a 'C' shape in the stage and one pair was in the center. That was the girl in red and white and Kunal (top right). I think i envied them.
Also I was very proud of the headgear. It was a flower made of stick and paper. Of course, I did have an eye on the girls headset also, a bunch of bangles, done like a buddha type knot. Wonder how our teachers got such wierd ideas.
I used to dance well till I was 5-6. Dad n mom tell me, I was so impressed in the Tanjavur or Madurai temple complex that I had actually started dancing much to the embarrassment of my bro, who was 8 then and I was 3.
It also makes me sad now as to what I have made of me. I had been a good dancer, I sang for a winning group song team (Nanha Munna Rahi hoon), I have done numerous plays, won many prizes in poem recitations. I even did well in athletics till 3rd 4th standard. There has been a steady decrease in my interests in pursuing them, much like an RC circuit discharging graph, or is it just y=1-x. God, what remains in my life is justa bunch of mathematics :(




Ooops, i thought i would end the blog on a sad note, but then I really don't like to end things badly. So here we go, I promise i will do some creative stuff in future. (Not writing more blogs and reading more books) because this is what is left in the hobbies field for me .

6 comments:

Perfect Misfit said...

awesome blog..and even more awesome memory dude...Wow :)

Sandipan Mitra said...

Thanks thanks!!
Read all ur comments!!
when is ur blog coming?

Unknown said...

Do you remember that song lyrics ..i was looking for jee ja janjal more bajra nah.

Unknown said...

I heard this song in a culturar programme held in my school in class 9th at obra mirzapur u.p it was year 1967
I still want to here full song if someone remembers
Rajesh vikram

Unknown said...

I heard this song in a culturar programme held in my school in class 9th at obra mirzapur u.p it was year 1967
I still want to here full song if someone remembers
Rajesh vikram

Unknown said...

Ji ka jangal mora bajra, jab main bajre ki bin ne baithi, ud ud jaye mera bajra
Jab main bajre ko dhundh ne baithi, chipak chipak jaye mora bajra