Sunday, July 02, 2006

Late on Saturday Night


To hell with it!
Nobody is reading my blogs, nobody is commenting. So let me start off with my own stories just for myself!
My weekned stories. Earlier they used to be there in my mails! To my friends, then talking about it in my cubicle and lots more! Well with orkut and Gchat, e-mail has become as rare as snail mails letters in my inbox! Only deepak (chacha) never quits replies to replies and so do i! So that is the mail I get daily!
Anyway, My weekend was eventful! Mixed goods and bads.
1st the bads! My two favourites, England And Argentina are out of the world cup now! The World cup now olds no interest for me. The first change I did for that was change my yahoo avtaar! I Do really like what I have done now!

Ok that was the bad part! Now the goods!
Brazil lost! That was real good! I have always compared brazil in football to what Australia is in cricket! It is fooolish to play with them! But whatever, now that they are out, its nice! Though i hold no high feelings fro france too.

Secondly I saw 2 superhero movies.
Superman And Krrish

Well both movies were good! I mean i expected more out of superman but it was not that bad!
The best part of Superman was Superman Himself! Brandon Routh does his part well! And he looks just like the old Superman, and that alone can make the movie a hit.
And then I saw krrish! It was quite good! Finally really an indian superhero! He can fly and he can jump from trees! The special effects were pretty realistic and nobody can doubt that Hrithik Roshan was best suited for the role! The review wrote Priyanka Chopra was underutilized but I can't undwerstand what else she could have done! It was not a superheroine movie! And the only Indian Heroine who is capable of making a hit superwoman was already there in the movie!
Rekha never ceases to amaze me! To be frank, I was never into movies in her era! I started following movies only during Juhi Chawla's rse and she was and still is my favourite.
Whatever, Rekha for me was always the heroine they used to shwo in filmfare when Amitabh Bachchan went on stage! And the movie I had seen was Khoon Bhari Maang or something that had "Secretary Follow Me" dialogue! I started liking her after her "Rendezvous with Simi Garewal". Then movies like silsila, utsav, umrav jaan follwoed and i kept on liking her even more and more! She is really fabulous!!

Another movie I saw was "Dirty Pretty Things" starring Audrey Tautou. She was just too good. And the storyline was also too strong!

Ok now enough of movies. But these were not the things that made my day! I was really down after the England loss and I called up Vikram. Then somehow we decided to have a conference call with Advay and later Ananth joined in. It was really welcome! We talked for looooong and enjoyed the good old days. The usual Advay n Ananth saying bad things about HER and me and vikram started hitting back and finally i guess it was we who won [:0] Anyway who cares! The call went on for 30+ minutes. It was the best 30 minutes of the day.
Another high point wa scalling Anindita on her Bday. It was her birthday today! I really liked talking to her and i guess it was the same feeling from the other side as well. She had loads to tell and i was patient to listen! It was a real fun!

Anyway that's all happened in the day!It's 12:09 now of sunday as i post this.

10 comments:

.....! said...

Dont stop writin cos no ones commenting.

Abt ur 2 teams, i sincrely feel one of them was non-deserving to advance!

Abt ur 2 superheros......im sure Spidey can kick both of en atta time :)

Lastly Ur frnd?? Gurl or a Boy? Cant make it out from the name.

.....! said...

True Player will hold interest in a big tourney as a WC even if the team is ousted in round one. so better become a player

Sandipan Mitra said...

yes sir! won't stop though! pretty muc the first line, to hell with it!!!

and ok, did u really like it when greece won european champ?

Anonymous said...

U Never call me.. huh ;)

.....! said...

wasnt it exciting.....greece winning? what if everytime brazil wins soccer, or aus win cric, wasnt india winning in'83 very much like greece winning......

one more thing........
u watched superman.......so did u find out why does he wear his underwear over in pants!

Perfect Misfit said...

nahhhhhhhhhhhhiiinn dude...i do read ur posts...and yeah...even i think argentina was the best team on display this time....

Anonymous said...

even i cudn't understand till date why they keep focussing the camera on Rekha while Big B goes on stage!! I mean let the man and the lady live in peace. And do they have no compassion for the poor nerves of my favourite Jaya ji ? :)
About Superman, yeah! there is nothing gr8 than the resembelance of the new Superman with the old one! And ofcourse the baby! God! when wud these americans stop thinking abt sequels and not caring abt the ones they already have in their hands?? ah!
but nevertheless, u never cease to amaze me with ur writing skill!! I mean how cud u make the day that went so boring for u sound so speacial and worth reading for ur friends :)

Anonymous said...

And I like ur Yahoo Avtaar ...pretty much looks like u :)

Sandipan Mitra said...

thanks for the devotion lalit!

And yup, this rekha and amitabh focussing! when ill they stop it!
Even i too like jaya bachchan.

Avi said...


The diff in Holly & Bolly:
tht is always go'g to B ther..

Holly:pop-corn::Bolly:pani-puri