Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bests of 2009

This is probably the last but one post for this year. For the annual Bollywood awards, you have to wait for the next year as I think it will be injustice to pass any verdict before watching 3 Idiots. Here are some random bests according to me:

Best blogger:
Shobhaa De

Best website:
www.bing.com (Strictly for homepage looks)

Best news website:
in.rediff.com (Content not layout)

Best looks amongst Indian movie leading actresses
Sonam Kapoor


Best Talk show:
Oye it's friday

Best Indian food place where I went:
Kabab factory

Best cloth shop for my budget:
Old Navy

Best Indian Sportsperson:
Saina Nehwal

Best news correspondent:
Shekhar Gupta

Best food place near Natick Framingham:
Minado

Best book I read:
Sea of Poppies (originally 2008)

Best food I cooked:
Palak Paneer in August


Best Indian Politician:
Shashi Tharoor

Best (non personal) day of the year:
15th July 2009 (Harry Potter and Half blood Prince movie release date)

I stop at that.

2 comments:

Nirmal Gunaseelan said...

Shobha De - N/A
Bing- Not even the homepage, just the changing pictures.
Rediff - No layout, only India-centric, Judgement-passing 'junk sensational news' website.
Sonam Kapoor - Maybe
Talk show - N/A
Kabab factory - N/A
Old Navy - Yes, so long as you dont wash the clothes :)
Saina Nehwal - Yay
Shekhar Gupa - N/A
Minado - Yesssss!
Sea of poppies - N/A
Palak paneer - Did you? I thought your mom made that. But was good!
Shashi Tharoor - Are you insane?Or is tweeting a necessary condition for candidacy in this category?

Sandipan Mitra said...

Bing, I like their most searches in the bottom, the customized wiki links, the video previews and ofcours ethe pictures are just awesome.

Rediff news deals with the news I look for. Their order of priorities are: India Abroad, India politics, India entertainment, India Sports and India accidents unlike BBCs coverage of only bus crashes of India.

Palak paneer was made by me.

Shashi Tharoor stuck to his ways even with external pressure and is totally self made to the place he is. Rahul Gandhi, the other strong candidate, is destined to lead India. Nothing dramatic about it.