Thursday, July 19, 2007

Expelliarmus

I have so many things to write about. My trip to NYC, Bipasha-Ronaldo kiss or the comparison between a celebrity show like Koffee with Karan and one involving Congress patented Aam aadmi types Indian Idol. (My friends say its better to watch a show involving common people than watching the Kareenas bitching about others and the Hemas talking about good upbringing of Eshas but I beg to differ).But everything takes a backseat. And the reason is obvious. Deathly Hallows.
As I have it in another Deathly hallows post of mine, I am expecting Rowling to do something surprising which none of us would ever have guessed and from all the snapshots of the book leaking through the internet one shocked me. I can't find the link now.
Spoiler Warning (may or may not be):
That particular link had out of the many deaths, death of Fred and Hedwig. Now that seems Rowlingish. Is it not? We all are expecting it to be Harry or Hagrid, Ron or Hermione but if it is tears that Rowling wants from us, I think this is her best. Hedwig, the innocent owl is the only character who has never disagreed with Harry ever. We can say that after the death (was it?) of Sirius, the closest to Potter is Hedwig.
Next is Fred. Can we ever imagine George without Fred? It would have been one thing to let both die. But just the thought of George staying alive to suffer the agony makes me sad already.
Also we all somehow love the people of 'The Burrows'. But Ron and Ginny somehow have much more than just being the people of Burrows. One is the love and one is the best friend. Just imagine what Mrs Weasley will think when she has to scold only George instead of both.
Spoiler Warning Ends

By the way, let's play this game. Which character do you want to be in Harry Potter. Somehow i don't want to be Harry. Its Ron I like the most. Suits me. Imagine you really don't have to do anything on your own. There is constantly a Hermione who will do your homework, friends like Harry and Hermione who will tell you what to do and never really think anything innovative (except playing good chess). A nice mom cooking wonderful food. A brother who works with dragons. A Fleur as Bhabhi. All he does is being loyal to Harry which is very very important but guess I can do it :). And he gets a Hermione. If I were Ron, All I will do is say thank you to hermy all day so that she says that mesmerizing "Pleasure" in the all british accent.



Oops forgot to write why expelliarmus. I don't want the things that happen as per the spoiler i said. Hope i am hidden in a corner to say "expelliarmus" if anybody tries to attack these people. Join me if you can. Wiki says, its more powerful if multiple people do it.

10 comments:

being debjit said...

"fleur" as a bhabi, never thought bout dat,its really kind of interesting.as far as i recollect "fleur" kind of people(?)can scream in some sort of a peculiar way so better not go about teasing ur "bhabi"
i somehow kind a like voldemort(if u leave aside the dark side,apart frm being powerful he has some ingineous plans n thinkings)

bout deathly hallows,tryin my luk frm late afternoon
what i came across.......well alot of deaths n it has likes of ron! as well(n dat in turn leaves hermione as a teacher at hogwarts)
neville too's a teacher,n hagrid still the game keeper,
george n fred r goin multinational wid their products
luna has inherited "squibbler"
this is da best part---
snape's killin of dumbledore was planned???????????
n to finish it of...
harry is a freelance auror refusing to work for MOM

Nirmal Gunaseelan said...

One character I always wanted to be was Fred/George indeed. I am always a fan of people who are intelligent, innovative, and most importantly naughty!! That way we do live to the fullest, don't we?
Sad about your prophecy that this character might die! And one thing which I always wanted to happen in HP7 is that Dumbledore should be back - I still could not believe that Snape was a death eater. Not that he is good, but Dumbledore isn't stupid enough to hire him and make him mentor Harry for Occlumency. Lets see......

Nirmal Gunaseelan said...

And, not as a tit for tat, I did expect Ron to die, because the last person I expect to be killed is Harry and British authors, I have seen, are melancholic, so someone really close to Harry..

Sandipan Mitra said...

@debjit: hahha, never thought about my bhabhi. But its fun. Yeah there is a lot abt the dark lord to envy about. Especially the horcrux charm.

@nirmal: yeah thats true abt british authors :). And wow, being a fred/george. Hi big Bro

Anonymous said...

This link, perhaps?

My past few posts have been Potter-centric too. All the lame anticipations aside, I am re-reading all the Potter books. On HBP now. I should be ready for DH tomorrow morning!

Sandipan Mitra said...

@Mons: That picture has been removed from that link. That's why couldn't trace.

Can't wait. 7 more hours now.

Advay said...

well..
Someone here already mentioned Fred/George so let me think of some other character.
Maybe Snape. He was so true. I always liked him inspite of Harry and all other hating him. Even when i started reading DH i knew Snape has to fit in somewhere and it was Snape who steal the show.
Well dont compare Snape with my real life. I havent found my love yet.

Sandipan Mitra said...

@u better not find ur love! Coz if u r snape, u will never get it!

Advay said...

_i know !!
but i m faithful...
thats what counts in the end... before dying... i will die as a happy soul !

Sandipan Mitra said...

Hehhe! What color eyes are u going to see?