Thursday, October 19, 2006

Apne Moonh miya mitthu

Well, the article is about how i am so good, but as i thought of the title, lots of thoughts poured about the title also. Had a funny sensation. Everytime i open my mouth to say ths, its ens up being a round shape of the lips. Mitthooo. And feels like I have paan in my mouth. Anyway, enough of that.
These stories below somehow relate my ability to tackle difficult situations, whether that is good or bad, I leave for you to decide.

The first one was may 2004, 24th may to be exact.
I was coming back to bangalore form my college for the last time. 23rd was my last day at the college. I had a suitcase, a bag, a trunk and 3 boxes for computer. And as expected I missed the suitcase when I was getting off. I realized it as soon as I got my bags in an auto and so asked the auto to follow the bus but it had long gone. So i headed for bro's home where parents were also there then. I kept my cool and thought of future plan of action. As soon I reaced home, broke the news there, they were obviouosly irritated. They asked me if it had my certificates and all. I said no, though it was there. Atleast why increase their tension. Then I called upu the travel company and asked them about my bag. They said the bus has not reached its final destination yet but will reach soon. We just asked where the bus stops and me and dad headed off there. It was KRPuram, the eastern end of bangalore. Meanwhile I kept calling and finally we traced the driver. He said he has a suitcase and will leave it near our house ka stop at night. But mom and dad didn't believe in that. Finally we found the bus at Bannerghatta, the southern corner and came back.
Well what's great miya mitthu in this? It was for me, first of all, my parents were so tensed over a small thing, what would have happened if I had told them that it had all my docs? Secondly the tracing till the end location was solely done by me and though everybody mom,dad and bro lost their cool, i was composed. And it was because of that , we could trace the bag.
Now whether my suggestion of waiting for the driver to drop it near the house was a good idea or not, i leave it at your choice.

The second one is better.
This was the day of my GRE. I was taking it form bangalore. Brother was in Kolkata, his roomie in office far away. I was alone at home preparing. Test was from 1. At 10:30 i decide to act according to what ananth had said and went to the vinayaka temple nearby. Did puja with full devotion. Coming back, had pongal rice in Shanti Sagar and then went back to home. But alas, I have no key. Rather, i have dropped the key somewhere. Looked for it on the road, no use. Called up Sourav da, bro's roomie. He says he can't come as he is badly stuck up with meetings.
And i had the passport inside without which i just can't go for the test. It was almost 11:45. I asked the landlords, no use. Then called up my bro in kolkata, he suggests: Tublu, forget GRE, keep yor cool and search again. I knew that was useless and the idea o forgetting GRE after months of preparartion was just not the choice I would like. I kept his call. Now there was only 1 way. With all the courage , I start banging at the thick wooden door. 5 shots, the fifth one, Bam, it opens up. I still remember, when the bolts gave up and the door opened, i still had my leg in the air, I took tiime, took it down like Neo does in matrix, first putting it on one side and then moving it down. I savoured every moment. then went for the test.
Well i guess in this case, there is no mia mitthu explanations needed. Its self explanatory:)

I agree that both the incidents were for my carelessness and a normal person would not have done that. But i bet a nnormal person would not have reacted the same way also if it DID happen.

5 comments:

Perfect Misfit said...

sometimes you don't have to do anything..like in the situations you have told about..you just have to go through the motions..and as they say..the rest just happens!!! ( not taking away the credit away from you..the way u handeled the situations of course!!)

Sandipan Mitra said...

Yup, sounds liek a good excplanation. Even I don't think its unique to me, i just wondered!

Anonymous said...

nice site
http://www.mentalhealth

Advay said...

The hell with you ...
I can give strings of incidents where u almost cried over missing your things (or we hide those things and told that they were missing)... I still remember how i used to get ur mobile with me whenever u used to misplace it...
I wont call it carelessness but u just seem to be thinking of somehting else while u shud have concentrated on the task that u are doing currently... it happens sometimes but not as frequently as happens to u...
so better get it correct...
why didnt u mention ur pen drive thing where u lost most of ur project data...
yes, sometimes its really irritating.. !!!
no offence made.. :)

Anonymous said...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=11463130&postID=116129276827861803&bpli=1