Thursday, May 11, 2006

State Elections 2006

Am again back to current affairs which i am no good at! Last one i did was on how Chappel is bad for india, and I had to delete it for the outrageous comments!
Well, let's hope this one is not that controversial.
First my own state: WB. By the way, is it my state? I have voted only once and that too from Karnataka. And if i ever come back to India, I still wanna stay in karnataka! Whatever, let's say my parent's state! There were no surprises. People have been asking me , why they even bother to have elections! Well frankly even i don't know! Earlier people used to blame the CPM for rigging in the polls but this time that was not the case! I guess the reason was such a weak opposition. Mamta Bannerjee was no comparison to charismatic Buddha! I read somewhere today that when asked Buddhadeb Bhattacharyya told, the reason for Bengal's sad state in the past decades is because of insufficient allocation of Central funds! I somehow agree with it! After all, only Congress n BJP have been in power last few decades and the top leaders of both parties are so anti-Bengal. Rajiv Gandhi had termed Kolkata as a dead city and Advani had openly admitted that he hates Kolkata. Are the people of Kolkata supposed to listen to this and start voting for BJP n congress? Anyway, I guess now the developement of any state or country is beyond politics, so it doesn't matter!

Now lets go to Tamilnadu. Don't know it was a surprise or not because history says it had to change! But Jayalalitha had done so much good work! Especially Tsunami was so well handled by her and so was the water shortage problem by water harvesting!
But again as in many cases, i had my own special reasons why i would have voted for her!
1)She looks better than Karunanidhi.
2) I hate people who hide their eyes (Eyes speak of personality). And karunanidhi wears gogs even in the night. I ahte people who wear gogs in night n caps in shade!
3) She is NDA supporter!

Moving to Assam n Pondicherry, No idea and no interest in the politics there!
Coming to kerala, well I don't know how does election matter in GOD'S OWN COUNTRY! I would still like to believe that Kerala is ruled by Lord Mahabali who comes every year to meet his fellow countrymen during "ONAM".

5 comments:

Advay said...

it would be interesting to see CPM in power in WB. I guess they are at the right place at the right time. Its the time they can make use of central govt to fullest. Maybe we can see some blackmailing by lefts with the congress at Delhi. About TN, pre-poll said Jaya is sure winner and the chances were 65% jaya and 35% karunanidhi. I dont have much interest in TN state, but they have intelligent resources to take the state ahead. Jaya had done lotta good stuff to TN. TN history is unbelievable. Kerala is having the oldest CM of the country, hope he does well too !!!

Sandipan Mitra said...

yup i agree with u! CPM should take out the max out of the central govt. but who will give them that buddhi!

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»